Axial is constantly moving forward in an effort to maximize performance and detail for scale enthusiasts. The SCX10™ II 2017 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited CRC edition is a perfect example of that union, matching unparalleled trail-ability with stunning good looks.
Some of the specialized parts we’ve included are CRC front and rear bumpers, unique rock rails with additional body-mounting points, molded front and rear fenders and a CRC-inspired hood. Additional external scale features consist of molded side mirrors, door handles, windshield wipers, hood latches and a full set of lights (six in total) that mount into a realistic front radiator/light bucket combo.
AR44 HI-PINION AXLES
In 2008, the AX10™ axle was used in the launch of the SCX10™ chassis platform. While developing the next iteration of axles such as the AR60, the thought process began on what kind of axle would be best for the future of the SCX10™. Axial’s development of a new axle needed to feature three key design points. First, an axle housing to visually quench the thirst of scale enthusiasts. Second, a gear set with the technical attributes to overcome the torque twist often associated with smaller gear sets. Third, the axle itself needed to retain the durability associated with the SCX10™, despite being delivered in a smaller axle housing. After seven years of utilizing the original AX10™ axle and two years of development, Axial is proud to introduce our newly developed AR44 axle with the industry’s first high pinion gear set. The next chapter of the Axial SCX10™ begins with scale realism backed with true technological development!
• High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
• The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
• Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
• Single piece axle housing for added strength
• 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
• Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
• Bolt on link mounts
• Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
• Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
AR44™ UNIVERSAL AXLE SET
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
• Up to 45 degrees of steering
• Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
• Compact yet durable design
• Hardened steel construction
The AR44™ axle was designed for both aesthetics and functionality. To improve upon the older AX10™ axle, we designed the steering components with an 8 degree kingpin angle which results in a positive scrub radius. Making this change to the pivot point means less tire scrub for steering efficiency and less load on the steering servo.
• 8 degree kingpin angle
• Improved scrub radius over the AX10™ axle
SCALE DETAILS INCLUDED!
This product includes realistic molded scale detail parts such as a molded plastic radiator with LED light holders for head lights and turn signal markers, side mirrors, door handles, plastic hood latches, wipers, CRC front and rear bumpers, rock rails, stylish front and rear fenders, and rear LED holders with red tail light lenses.
NOTE: installation of some items required. Hardware included.
AE-5L ESC WITH DRAG BRAKE, WATERPROOF
The Axial AE-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
• LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights.
• Male Star Plug lead – compatible with the most common polarized plug.
• Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
• Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
• Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
NOTE: LED LEADS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OUR OLD LED LIGHT STRINGS, or THIRD PARTY LED LIGHT STRINGS. Connecting your old LED light strings to these leads will cause damage to the AE-5L ESC and the light strings.
XD229 MACHETE CRAWL WHEELS
Officially licensed KMC XD Machete wheels are legendary in the off-road world. They are molded in black and feature stunning scale detailing on the front and a standard 12mm hex on the back.
• 26mm (1.02″) wide
• 53.9mm (2.12″) tall
TRAIL GRAPPLER M/T TIRE (S30)
The officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Tires offer a fantastic blend of off-road performance while still retaining excellent composure for on-road use. They are molded in our durable S30 compound with large blocks that provide excellent bite when the going gets tough!
• 4.7″ x 1.9″ (119.4mm x 48.2mm)
• S30 Compound
Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!• Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity
Wire routing keeps your chassis layout looking clean. In addition to including wire clips/guides, there has been a channel created that runs the length of the chassis so you can run additional wires hidden inside the c-channel frame. The inner fender mounts have tabs that can be used for wire routing as well.
• Optional mounting points and wire routing for a chassis mounted servo winch and 2 speed shift servo
Providing an even balance of speed and crawling, the 35-turn brushed motor features a worry-free design with an integrated cooling fan allowing for extended periods of use. Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, and no loud exhaust noise. Just plug ‘n’ go!
AX10™ TRANSMISSION, ALL METAL INTERNAL GEARS!
The ultra compact transmission allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices allowing super high speed or competition level crawling speed.
• Realistic, detailed transmission housing in a cast metal look
• Tried and proven AX10™ transmission
• Three gear layout, all metal internal gears
• 32P gearing
• Heavy duty slipper
• Sealed gear cover
ALL STEEL SUSPENSION LINKS
Strong steel links for both suspension and steering. Large M4 rod ends for durability.
WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
• 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
• Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
• 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint
• Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance
• Adjustable length driveline parts included in box
CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS)
Scale matters, but so does geometry! In pursuit of scale looks, we’ve moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis, just as a full size truck has its steering box located on the frame. But with this seemingly simple action comes a complexity of suspension hurdles to overcome – one of which is bump steer. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps interacting with improper length or angle of suspension and steering links. We made it our mission to design the front suspension in such a way that it eliminates or comes as close as possible to zero bump steer, to help give you the best driving experience possible.
• Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
• Anodized aluminum links included w/ M4 rod ends
• Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
• Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY
The new adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
• Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving
• Posts are included to fine tune the fit based on the battery you choose
• Easy access for quicker battery changes
• Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000 mAh)
STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS
The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness). Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain. Compared to the previous design, additional holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making wheelbase adjustments.
This chassis is designed at 12.3” wheelbase length, but is easily adjusted to either a 11.4” or 12.0” wheelbase (optional link kits sold separately). Axial designed the chassis so that all the wheelbase adjustability happens out back without sacrificing front-end suspension geometry. Simple removal and installation of the suspension links and changing the drive shaft length allows an easier way to adjust the wheelbase.
• Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
• Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) with optional links sold separately
• 4 link rear
• 12.3” wheelbase
CRC FENDERS, BUMPERS, AND ROCK RAILS
Casey Currie is one of the most successful young off-road racers on the scene today. When he isn’t out on the track putting down lightning fast times, he’ll be out exploring the back roads with his Jeep® Wrangler. So it’s no surprise that he’s started his own brand around his adventurous lifestyle. A brand called CRC. CRC stands for cruise it, race it, crawl it, and embodies everything he does with his Jeep® brand vehicles.
This rig includes CRC front and rear bumpers, fender flares, CRC rock rails, and a CRC inspired hood which can be seen on a few of their JK project builds.
Sport-level racers and bashers will appreciate the Tactic TTX300’s many popular features, along with its amazing adjustability. It features a programmable 3rd channel making for incredible versatility; it can operate functions such as two-speed shifting, winches and lights, making it ideal for a vast array of opportunities. Need more reasons? There’s SLT (Secure Link Technology), which creates an unbreakable link between the receiver and your transmitter with push-button ease.
The Tactic TR325 2.4GHz receiver uses no crystals and features an internal antenna, so you’ll experience worry free driving without frequency conflicts or antenna damage. This lightweight, compact, and bind button equipped receiver with LED indicator makes setup easy!
The included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and precise movement for the metal gear train.
DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH
Our dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
• Slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface contact area
• More precise tuning and holding power
• Strong 32P gear pitch for high torque applications